Applications > Drug Discovery
MaxCyte's proprietary flow electroporation technology leads the way in high performance, high throughput transfection, enabling a wide array of cost and time effective drug discovery assays. Flow electroporation has complete scalability allowing for the rapid development and consistent production of 5x105 (in seconds) to 1x1010 transfected cells (in <30 minutes) without the need for reoptimization. Researchers can develop assays in more biologically relevant cell types for use in High Throughput Screening (HTS), High Content Screening (HCS), and other cell-based assays. Common applications include receptor overexpression, such as GPCRs and Ion Channels, reporter gene expression, and protein production including antibodies and enzymes. Most importantly, MaxCyte technology increases laboratory productivity and improves the quantity and quality of drug candidates. Enjoy the flexibility of transfecting Any Cell, with Any Molecule, at Any Scale.
MaxCyte Flow Electroporation Enables:
- Elimination of stable cell lines
- Transfection of primary cells, stems cells, or other difficult-to-transfect cell lines
- Screening of multi-subunit, intractable, or toxic targets
- Superior transfection performance with reduced day-to-day assay variability
- Faster time from assay conceptualization to screen with reduced costs