MaxCyte Platform > Technology
MaxCyte transfection systems are based on a proprietary, fully-scalable electroporation technology.
MaxCyte electroporation has the unique ability to perform both small- and large-scale transfection of
primary cells, stem cells, and cell lines with any molecule(s) of interest including plasmids, mRNA,
siRNA, proteins, and cell lysates. Small-scale quantities of cells (5x105) are transfected in seconds,
while large-scale quantities of cells (up to 1x1010 cells) are transfected in less than 30 minutes using
a single instrument. The flexibility, scalability, safety, and broad cell type compatibility enable high
quality cell modification ideal for use in drug discovery, protein production, and cell therapy.
- Scalable transfection - 5x105 (in seconds) to 1x1010 cells (in <30 minutes)
- Compatible with primary cells, stems cells and other difficult-to-transfect cells
- Superior, highly reproducible transfection performance
- Computer-controlled, sterile transfection environment
- Flexible – (co)transfect DNA, RNA, siRNA, proteins or cellular lysates